Annual Zero Balancing Community Benefit
We invite you to join us in 2022, from wherever you are!
Stay tuned here or by email for details - and contact the office should you have any questions: email@example.com
Many excellent Zero Balancing teachers stepped up in 2020 and 2021 to share their growing edges with you. Some have taught mostly in their local area so being virtual was a great opportunity to experience their unique perspectives.
And, previously, attending the Benefit may have cost you a plane ticket, room and board, and a few missed days at work to partake. So, this has been an amazing chance to benefit from the gems of knowledge and insight of these varied and experienced teachers.
Here's the 2021 agenda that was lovingly curated by the Faculty Committee:
AGENDA - Day 1 (Saturday) all times Eastern
11a - 11:45a Opening Session: "Offering a Deeper Lean"
Katie Chase, Fritz Smith, and Rebekah Harbour
12p - 1:30p Mentoring is a Deeper Lean Amanda King, Michele Doucette
Amanda and Michele, Mentor Advancement Program (MAP) faculty, present a lesson from the program on how to hold the ZB field and consciously amplify ZB principles (including Interface, non-diagnostic, high personal regard, witness state, the pause) when mentoring another person. The lesson includes a discussion of the qualities of embodied listening skills, along with a demonstration and mentoring practice in pairs in breakout rooms. Pure and open attention is a fulcrum that gets the energy moving!
We’ve learned in the past year first hand how mentoring done well can be deeply powerful, transformative and healing. How can we mentor another person consciously using ZB principles to amplify our work? Perhaps you want to assist a new ZB student, a client, or a colleague who could use support. How do we lean in with another person and create a safe container for awareness and growth, whether we are in person or online?
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Consciously create a safe container using ZB principles for a one-on-one coaching or mentoring session - in person or online
- Apply interpersonal skill sets to lean in and meet another person where they are - in person or online
- Practice open attention and embodied listening as fulcrums and catalysts for positive change
1:45p - 2:45p Connecting Heaven to Earth Bob Brown
In this class Bob teaches fulcrums for all the chakras and has experiential exercises to get in touch with each within yourself. As part of the class, he developed working with both the ground and the heavens as the other ends of a fulcrum.
3p - 3:45p Understanding our Cultural Lenses Rebekah Harbour
By the end of this important session, attendees will:
- Better understand themselves and their own cultural identity that may be taken for granted or unconscious.
- Understand how unconscious bias may be a factor in their ZB sessions.
- Understand the relevance and importance of being conscious of cultural lenses in ZB practice.
4p - 4:45p ZB Rituals for Couples & Families Laura Lea Sweney
This experiential class is directed at building family infrastructure and connection - the primary idea is building a bedtime family ritual based on the 5 senses and ZB principles of interface, donkey connection, and nestling.
Laura Lea will offer some activities to be done with family/children and also some partner activities - so if you have any children or a friend nearby (doesn’t have to be a spouse/partner) who can experience the class with you, that would be ideal. The learning objectives in the class include:
- To have activities/ guidelines you can offer your clients to allow them to build stronger family connections.
- To gain better connection within yourself
- To develop a deeper sense of interface, donkey-connection, and nestling
- To fall in love with yourself, even more!
4:45 - 5p Closing
5p Optional Post-Event Gathering
AGENDA - Day 2 (Sunday) all times Eastern
(Suggested 11a - 11:45a) Optional Movement Session your choice of:
Basic Spinal Series with Jo Johnson
Spring Forest Qi Gong with Laura Lea Sweney
- 3 Tan Dien, 5 Bows, Meridian Chi Kung with Ty Romijn
Warm Up & Healing Meditation with Jamie Carmody
12p - 1:30p Breakout Session #1 (choose 1)
- Our Stories as Teachers Judith Sullivan
Part of Judith’s great gift to this community and all who know her is her ability to tell a story. By the end of this session participants will experience the richness and power of stories as teachers, and how they’re often the teachers of your students or clients.
- Resilient Donkeys Megan Lavery
1:45p - 3p Breakout Session #2 (choose 1)
- Promoting the Zero Space Jamie Carmody
- Central Axis Restoration of the Thorax Roy Capellaro
- Informal Gathering Katie Chase
3:15p - 4:15p Breakout Session #3 (choose 1)
- ZB Elevator Speeches Katie Chase
- HMV: Essentials to the Esoteric Michael Oruch
4:15 - 4:45pClosing Ritual & Meditation Ty Romijn
5pm Optional Post-Event Gathering