Start Date: 11/7/2020 9:00 AM EST
End Date: 11/8/2020 5:00 PM EST
10001 S. Yacht Club Drive
Treasure Island, FL United States 33706
The coronavirus pandemic has changed all of our lives in so many ways. Zero Balancing classes are no exception. COVID-19 has impacted the manner in which we are able to offer in-person ZB classes and has provided new challenges in how we safeguard the health of our students, our classes and our faculty.
In order to register for this class, you will need to have read and agreed to the Covid In Class Protocols and Guidelines and the Covid Risk and Liability Waiver.
COURSE TITLE: Zero Balancing and The Spirit of the 5 Elements
ABBREVIATION: ZB 5 Elements
COURSE LENGTH: 2 days
EDUCATIONAL CREDIT: 12.5
PRE-REQUISITES: Zero Balancing I and Zero Balancing II
Zero Balancing and the Spirit of the 5 Elements is a two-day advanced Zero Balancing program that guides the Zero Balancer into what in Chinese medicine can be seen as "the neighborhoods of spirit." The Zero Balancer learns more about the Five Element anatomy underlying the skeletal anatomy commonly addressed in the core protocol ( for example, how the spirit points on the bladder meridian are affected by Zero Balancing the thoracic and lumbar spine). It is widely acknowledged that bodywork can touch a person on all levels; physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. In Chinese Medicine the spirit is seen as the unique true self, the self below conditioning, the part of human nature that is inspired by beauty, art, poetry, music, and profound connections to greater whole. Through the Zero Balancing protocol, and with this expanded knowledge base in 5 Element Theory the Zero Balancer learns to recognize when a client may be having a body-felt experience of a spiritual nature. Such recognition allows the practitioner to stay optimally connected to the client by modifying the rhythm, pace, and depth of touch, and by holding a safe, non-judgmental space for integration and healing. This amplified attention through touch may result in deeper opportunities for clients to access expanded states of balance, health, and wellbeing. New fulcrums are learned and core fulcrums take on new significance as the true wisdom of the Zero Balancing protocol is further revealed.
You will learn:
- Linguistic, cultural, scientific, philosophical, and metaphorical theories of health and healing and how they may influence a Zero Balancing session
- Five Element theory, and how it can enhance the possibilities in your Zero Balancing sessions
- To work with greater attention on the structure and tension of bone by understanding the internal anatomy and physiology of bone and the superconductive nature of collagenous bone tissue
- New fulcrums for the dorsal hinge, pelvis, feet, ribcage, chest, shoulder, neck and head
- To focus attention while allowing therapeutic placement of fulcrums to arise from the authentic need of the client
- To clarify intention of touch in individual fulcrums and whole sessions